Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing a predesigned query 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LYSAMARIE

Technical User
Jun 13, 2001
US
I am using a vendor supplied access database to upload price sheets into our AS/400. On the query, I need to change the preset quantity to accept alpha instead of numerical data. The query is set up to use the imported excel database and plug the information into a form that is readily uploaded to the AS/400. I have tried the following: Expr2: "dropship" and had that append to quantity_1. I have also tried including a data column in the excel spreadsheet consisting of a column of dropship. I know that since I'm a newbie, this is probably a really stupid question, but I couldn't find anything in the faq section to help me.

Many thanks,
Lysa

To convert field from alpha to numeric, use the function CInt([FieldName]). To convert field from numeric to alpha, use the function CStr([FieldName]).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back