Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing 91 LD calls to new route. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhayman

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2003
US

We just installed a Cisco VOIP system and I need to change all the long distance calls (ie: when a user dials 91 then the number) to go to the new route I created for the VOIP and keep the "1" but I still need anything else local 9XXXXXXX to go over the same route it is going over now.

Can someone point me in the right direction??

looks like you mis-spelled ld 90.. two things to check.
ld 90
prt
net
ac1
npa
1xxx ;with x =to a normal ld call from your switch..

that will print a paragraph or so of detail, note the rli

ld 86
prt
rlb
x ;the rli from ld 90

that gives a little more info,

frl.. facility rest level, (what ncos can use that route)
route.. (the part you need to change)
dmi (any translation you may have, ie sometimes used to delete the 1, most ld carriers know your sending a ld call.

two possible ways to make that change, change just the rlb itself, change the route to your new route, and change the dgt to 0, that's the fastest, just make sure that other type calls are not using that rlb. the other choice is to change all npa's in ld 90 to a new rlb

in 90 prt, same seq, change type to spn, return to the end, then same commands, this time use nxx (local numbers).. that will give you pages of output, make sure no other numbers are using a rlb before you change it..

i would build a new rlb, point one npa to that and test, then change the rlb that is used for ld.. the nortel deletes the 9, because it is used as ac1

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

When I try to prt out the npa, I get ESN073 (conflict with another npa,nxx,etc.) no matter what area code I try.

Is it possible I don't have any npa entries?

Try just hitting the enter key on the NPA entry. Also, do the same for HNPA and SPN. There could be codes programmed there that conflict with what you are asking for. By just hitting enter, you get them all. (Hopefully you have a big buffer in your terminal session, or a printer ready to go!)

Scott M.

Apparently I only have SPN entries (see below) nothing under NPA or HNPA. I assume I need to do something with SPN 9?

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE spn

SPN

SPN 0
FLEN 0
INPL NO
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 1
FLEN 0
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 2
FLEN 0
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 3
FLEN 0
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 4
FLEN 0
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 5
FLEN 0
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 6
FLEN 0
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 7
FLEN 0
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 8
FLEN 0
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 9
FLEN 0
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

Pretty good John. You should invent "number spell check". Get rich......well...

not really, but it appears you can call anywhere in the world you want without restrictions. Based on this, a caller will never be blocked from making any call. Setting 0 - 9 would allow for this.

You have two options:

1) Take and remove 1 from your SPN table, build your new VoIP route, and reenter it with a new RLI (NOT RECOMMENDED)

2) Go through your system and set up your BARS/NARS table to do some form of dialing restrictions. You can still build your 1+ call routes to go over your VoIP trunks, but at least someone cannot call Uganda using the same level of access priviledges as a person wanting to call the local pizza joint for carry out.

Are you using any type of CDR? Do you have someone reviewing your LD charges? If not, I would really start looking at that, especially if you choose option 1.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

So if I am understanding this correctly, basically the SPN table is like an override that allows anything beginning with any of the listed numbers to go out regardless of any other restrictions? And if I remove an entry from the SPN it will then use the RLI?

We do verify our LD, but of course by the time it is verified, the damage will have already been done. We do about 20K in LD a month so I'm sure something could slip in there.

Actually, the SPN assigns the RLI for calls to go out. When you dial any number in your office, the call goes out RLI 0. I need to ammend my earlier comments, since you could use NCOS levels to restrict certain routes within the RLI, but I doubt that is set up.

If you print the RLI in LD 86, you will see the route(s) being used.

Code:
REQ  PRT
CUST 0
FEAT RLB
RLI  0  <-- This is the RLI ALL your calls use

This will show you all the routes an outbound call can use, starting with ENTR 0. This is option #1. If there are other choices, there will be an ENTR 1, ENTR 2, etc.

This should help you see what is happening.

So when a caller dials 9+1900-Hot-Babe, the calls looks for a match, which would be SPN 1. If I call 9+911, the call looks for a match, which is SPN 9. The access code(AC1) is used to begin using the SPN, NXX, NPA tables and is not included in your SPN tables.

Hope this helps and makes thinsg a little more clear.

Scott M.

you have what some would call Baby bars - everything used RLI 0

they set up using SPN as a shortcut - advantages are you don't have to add or change NPAs/ NXX as they are added to national plan.

Also, any changes are quick and easy

Disadvantage

you can not restrict sets from some calls (for example you might have a lobby phone but you don't want people making LD calls from that phone)

Also, changes to RLI affect all calling patterns

Also, if you use ISDN you may experiance problems with calls not tagged properly.

that is called spn bars and a "cheat", you can't control any routing, it's just turned on default..

to change that type of a mess.. build a new rlb, point that to your new route and just change the spn 1 to point to that rlb

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Also if running CDR the reports cannot be trusted. Whoever installed this didn't do you any favors.

Ok, I think I got it. I added a new RLI with ENTR 0 as the voip route and ENTR 1 as our current ld route. Then changed SPN 1 to use the new RLI and it seems to be working as planned. So if I understand what I just did correctly, since I added our current ld route as ENTR 1, if the VOIP is down at any point, it will go over the old ld route?

Is it possible to add an SPN for 1900, etc to restrict those type of toll calls, or do I just need to get BARS setup for that?

You could put 900 in the sdrr as deny. Best way is to set it up correctly.

To answer your first comment, you are correct.

As to the second, you can enter 900 to the DENY option in the SPN entry.

Code:
REQ  CHG
SPN  1
FLEN (enter)
RLI  (enter)
SDRR DENY
DENY 900

Now there are no more 1-900 calls allowed. Youc an do the same for 976. I cannot remember how many DENY entries you can have, but it is a TON.

Scott M.

Awesome. Thanks guys for all the help!

One last question guys. I need to route any 800/866/888/877 traffic through my PSTN T1's just like local traffic. Can I do that with the SPN's? I don't want to get into the BARS routing at this point. I have SPN 1 going to the VOIP.

Thanks!

you can not do it with your SPN 1 setup

Either breakup the SPN 1 settings or have the users dial something else for the 1800/1888/etc like just 800/888/etc and setup those spns to go to your regular route and add a DMI to insert a 1

Better to break down the SPN
SPN 10
spn 11
SPN 17
spn 1800 <-- to rli for 800 service
spn 1801
spn 1802
spn 1809
spn 181
spn 185
spn 1860
spn 1861
spn 1866 <-- new RLI for 800 service
etc

save yourself a ton of problems, enter full bars, switching will be faster. your going to get stuck with it anyway, not to far down the road you going to get a request that requires normal routing..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back