Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing 1' and 2' IDE IRQ's that conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinea

Technical User
Jun 25, 2001
US
hi there,
I am having trouble running some CD-R/RW software (B's Recorder Gold5) and get the message:

"Stop:0x000000D1 (0x000000DB, 0x00000012, 0x00000000, 0xEB4571787)
Driver_IRQL_not_les_or_equal"

I assume it is a IRQ problem:

IRQ Assignment
14 Primary IDE Channel
14 SCSI/RAID Host Controller
15 Secondary IDE Channel
15 SCSI/RAID Host Controller

System Information report written at: 10/12/2002 10:22:38 AM
[Problem Devices]

Device PNP Device ID Error Code
Primary IDE Channel PCIIDE\IDECHANNEL\4&CB9060A&0&0 32
Secondary IDE Channel PCIIDE\IDECHANNEL\4&CB9060A&0&1 32

Primary IDE - Master HD
Primarmy IDE Slave-NONE
Secondary IDE - Master CD-R/RW
Secondary IDE - Slave CD-ROM

I am trying to switch the IRQ's of the IDE's to 3 and 4 (open ones). How do I do that?

Thanks!
Marc
Guinea pigs make the world a nicer place!

Piggydad30@hotmail.com

I don't think you can change the IRQ for the Primary and Secondary IDE channels, the BIOS sets them at 14 and 15. If they can be changed it would be in the BIOS. The book for the motherboard should say whether the IDE channels and the RAID channels can be in use at the same time.

Thanks Berton,

So I do I need the SCSI/Raid drivers to run my hard drive or floppy? There is a separate driver to run the adaptec SCSI converter PCI card.

In device manager I could uninstall one of the SCSI/RAID drivers (the one that is the same as 2' IDE) but do not have the option for the other (the one same as the 1' IDE).

Would it help and is it possible to get rid of both SCSI/RAID drivers that are conflicting with the IDE's?

Thanks,
Marc Guinea pigs make the world a nicer place!

Piggydad30@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back