Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changed ISPs Smart Phones - Connection To The Server Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil8

MIS
Mar 3, 2006
US
Changed ISPs yesterday. I got all the email working correctly finnially, but push mail is still down. Does anyone have any clue why that may be? I did set up an A record to mail.domain.com pointing to our static ip address and I can see that record with a dns lookup.

Thanks for any help.

I have my iPhone working (I'm the only one in the office) if I step out into the hall and pick up the upstairs office's wifi, but if I show 3G on my phone I get the "Cannot Get Mail - The connection to the server failed". I think, but I'm not certain that the A record is still propagating through the internet. It's an odd problem...

Still not getting server connection on iPhones 24 hours later. Further testing I found that OWA on the iPhones using safari works on wifi but won't connect to the server using the 3G as well.

The ISP people started PPoE on our Sonicwall Firewall, could this be a firewall or port issue?

On your firewall did you foward HTTPS traffic from your new public IP to your mail server?

This issue has resolved sometime on Sunday. I must have taken that long for the DNS record to propagate through AT&T's network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back