Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changed Domain Admin Pwd & Now Sched Reports Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducktape

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2007
CA

Report Printing Listener reports a status of "692 An unexpected event occurred in the Symposium system."

SCCS 5.0 is in its own workgroup but since recently it was writing exported reports on a file server residing on the domain but after we changed the domain admin's password the reports ceased to write to the domain file server.

I looked everywhere on the symposium server for an association to the domain admin account to no avail.

Any ideas? I'm tearing my hair out over this one.

Yes we have the webclient.

Last week we restarted the webclient and it got its scheduled reporting capabilities back but the thick client is still non-functional. We need to reboot it to troubleshoot backup issues so we'll see if it fixes whatever reporting issues it has.

The thick client gets it's credentials from the PC it is running on. You need to log onto this PC before the client service is started.

That userid should have write access to the folder you're trying to export to, or even modify if you do not have unique names.
A way around this is to store the reports always onto the local machine and run a batch file to copy these to the file server. this way you will always have a backup.

Thank you for your reply Supernn it was really helpful. I like the scheduled task idea because of the redundancy it creates.

go reset the iceadmin password on the webclient and that should take care of your printing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back