Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changed admin password

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmvdmv

MIS
Mar 15, 2004
US
Good Morning-

We recently changed our admin password on our network. I also went in and changed the Logon Account password on my Backup Exec 9.1.

All of our servers, except one, have backed up fine since then. Our only NT 4.0 server will not backup. I keep getting "Access is denied to remote agent. Check the login account for the specified device"

I know it's because of the password, but can't figure out where I need to change this.

I can logon to that server with the new password, but for some reason, Backup Exec can't. Any ideas as to what we missed?

Thanks a lot,
Diane

Are you backing up locally on that NT Server or are you remotely backing it up from another computer? What Veritas components do you have installed there?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Matt-

We are backing this up remotely from a Windows 2003 server. Which server do you need to know about Veritas components?

Diane

As I recall from versions 8x, the login info is contained in the job. Delete the job that backs up that server and re-create the job.

I just tried that and it pops up saying access is denied when I am trying to recreate. So it shows a screen where I can change the password for the logon account, which I do (about 6 times), but it still doesn't accept it.

The weird part is that I know this password is used on this server, because I can logon to it. There's got to be someplace else I need to put this password.

Thanks for your suggestions.....hopefully I am getting close.
Diane

Thanks for the input, but we finally figured it out. You need to go into the job itself, go to Selections, find the remote server that the job is on, right-click on the server and choose "connect as". In there, edit the administrator account and click on Change Password.

We didn't have to do that for any of the other remote servers that we are backing up....just this one, our only NT server.

Thanks to all who tried to help!

Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back