Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change your scrollbar!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdev

Programmer
Mar 25, 2001
NL
Hi everybody!!

I'm a developer for a few years now and I know something what you probably do not know. Well, it is not in use that very much. I'm talking about scrollbars. You can change them. I have only seen this once on a website. You can integrate this good with the design of your site. For example, you are using frames and you have the main one in the middle. Then you see an ugly scrollbar right in the middle of your site. Well I have a usefull tip for those who doesn't knew this:

<style type=&quot;text/css&quot;>body {scrollbar-face-color: #000000; scrollbar-shadow-color: #FFFFFF; scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFFFF; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #FFFFFF; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #FFFFFF; scrollbar-track-color: #FFFFFF; scrollbar-arrow-color: #FFFFFF}</style>

This will make your scrollbar black and white. Of course you may change the color. I would like to haer, if this was a usefull tip.

Mr. Developer

WoHoooo!
That was a good one!

Thanks buddy {~_*}

The^Learner

Remember that it only supported by IE5+ i think Miles
vmiles@senet.com.au

IE 5.5 only --

Well, mayby you're right and mayby that will be the reason why you don't see this much!!

sure they are... <style> tags are XHTML compliant as far as i know.... luciddream@subdimension.com

Hello,

But as far as I know, you can use it anyway. Because browser that doesn't support it, won't see it. Well that will not make a change. And browsers that do support it, will look better. So why shouldn't you use it???

<Mr. Developer/>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back