Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change where sent items go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

verland

MIS
Apr 24, 2002
US
Here's a good one, I told the user this can't be done but got curious....

Betty has permission to send mail from the Service mailbox. She can send from Service and all is fine. But, items she sends from Service go into the 'sent items' of her own mailbox.
Is there a way to make those items go into the Service's sent items, without a rule?

Sure make her use two profiles, one for personal and one for "services"
OR
Have her use the From Line when creating new messages and enter the Services mailbox in From address line. To get a From Field,open a new message, go to View and check the "From Field"

I hate to spoil the party, but the FROM field thing won't work. You need to have her open the inbox either separately or as a primary....

Yeah I forgot to mention that she does this by using the 'From' window. I mentioned to her the profile thing but that's 'too much work'. Oh well, thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back