Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Username Alphabetization

Status
Not open for further replies.

group6

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2005
US
I cant imagine why usernames are alphabetized by first name instead of last name in AD. Kind of a pain. But whats worse is Exchange picks that up in the GAL.

Is there a way to change it so usernames are alphabetized by last name?

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Here you go.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Thanks, Mark. Will Exchange pick it up?

Yes, Exchange reads GAL information from the Global Catalog server.

Regards,

Mark

Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Are the potential dangers as bad as MS make them out to be or is it that easy to @*^% up?

"may require you to reinstall Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, or both Windows and Exchange" is stronger language than the usual MS lawyerspeak.

I have never had a problem with it.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back