Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change URL for php pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enkrypted

Technical User
Sep 18, 2002
US
I am trying to figure out how to change the URL for certain PHP pages. On some of the pages there was HTML depicted and I was able to change the URL's for those. All the other pages though I am not sure how to go about changing them.

For example, there are several URL's within the website itself such as:

However, when I go to the index.php file in the catalog directory, I don't see anything in that file for the URL I want to change (it's the link to their blog site)

Is there another place where this information can be found? If more detail is needed, please advise. Thanks!

Enkrypted
A+

load your website into a proper IDE and do a file search for the strings you want to find/replace.

php is a dynamic hypertext pre-processor. it is entirely possible that the text displayed in catalog/index.php file is actually generated by a script called far far away from index.php itself.

Like jpadie says -entirely possible that the script is far far away from your index.php:

Can be a prepend script file; ie. a script that is, well, prepended -duh :p make a phpinfo() and look for Configuration, PHP Core to see if the [tt]auto_prepend_file[/tt] directive has any values set (in wich case, it will be the path/name of the script prepended = run before your index.php)

Can also be a Apache mod rewrite that wraps the request - check your Apache configuration for that.

... and; there are most likely many other reasons why, but check the above for starters :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back