Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Trunk Member(s) on Route

Status
Not open for further replies.

frazierr

MIS
Jun 23, 2004
US
I have an 11C with music on hold previously set up for a trunk card and external cd player (which died). TN is 9 2.
I also have a MIRAN card and finally got a long music track playing/available on two of it's channels. I can dial in to the ACOD for that RAN route and hear the new music playing.

How do I change the trunk member of the music rout to point to the RAN channel (TN is 3 3), or is it more complex than that...

If this doesn't make sense, what I'm trying to do is move MOH from the external source to the MIRAN. I was able to capture a CD image (licensing paid per a separate agreement) and get it on the MIRAN and set on one of the slots. I just don't know if I can actually change the route that is set up for music on hold and just point it to the new TN, or need to do more (or exactly how to do it)....

Thanks
--Rick

Dont think you need to change the route members.
You now have the old MOH-route, with a route number.
and the new MiranMusic-route, with its route number.
You just have to find where the MOH config is set,
and change it so to use the new Miran-route.
LD 15 MOH-DATA maby?
;-)

geirendre:
I couldn't find anything in LD 15... Isn't that used for changing CDB? No OPT in CDB for music...

Acewarlock:
I went to LD 16, tried CHG RDB and passed through all of the list without finding anyplace to enter TN... Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks
--Rick

On the RDB, you should see a prompt MRT. Enter the Route for your new music source.

Like jamie2 said, not TN's.

Print out all the RDB's to see if they have MUSIC RT now.

Looking at the routes, every one that nas MUS YES has the MRT set to 10, which is the "old" route for MOH from the old CD player, and calls TN 9 2.

If I get what you're saying, all I need to do is CHG every ROUT to point to MRD 15 (which is the RAN route that has the new music on one of it's ports. Fortunately, we only have 10 routes that are affected, so it won't take forever. Route 15, the RAN route has members TN 3 2 and TN 3 3.

If the people holding on ACD Queue also here the same MOH, that is great, because all we need to do is provide a new music file (which I now know how to make and import to the MIRAN) and the ACD will be set for the latest desire of our boss...

I'll try a couple of regular routes first to see how it works. It occurs to me that internal to internal calls don't touch any of the 10 routes, so how do they get their MOH source?

Thanks
-_Rick

I just tried to CHG RDB 1 and when I got to the MUS prompt entered YES,
the MRT prompt popped up, I entered 15, and goot SCH0625
Exit and run ERR SCH0625 I get the message "Route specified is not a MUSIC route.

So do I need to build a new music route and if so, how do I get the right TN into it (and one of the TN's out of the existing RAN route 15)?

Thanks
-_Rick

Post the RDB of both the Old and new routes so we can see what you did.

I haven't made any changes to the following, they already existed on the system.

First, the existing music route:

>ld 21
REQ: prt
TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT 10

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 10
DES MUSIC
TKTP MUS
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
VTRK NO
NODE
ICOG OGT
SRCH LIN
STEP
BDCT NO
ACOD 2910
TARG
CLEN 1
OABS
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
GRD 896
SFB 3
SST 5 0
NEDC ETH
FEDC ORG
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
RGFL 02 02
CDR NO
MUS NO
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
ALRM NO
SGRP 0
ARDN NO
AACR NO

Now, the RAN Route:

CUST 0
ROUT 15

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 15
DES RAN
TKTP RAN
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
VTRK NO
NODE
RTYP CON
GRD IDLE
REP 1
POST DIS
RANH
STRT DDL
WAIT RGB
BDCT NO
ASUP YES
ACOD 2915
TARG
CDR NO
MUS NO
RACD NO
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
ALRM NO
SGRP 0
ARDN NO
AACR NO

REQ:

The Trunk Members for each:

>LD 21
PT1000

REQ: LTM
CUST 0
ROUT 10

TYPE TLST
TKTP MUS
ROUT 10
DES MUSIC
TN 009 0 00 02 MBER 1

REQ: LTM
CUST 0
ROUT 15

TYPE TLST
TKTP RAN
ROUT 15
DES RAN
TN 003 0 00 02 MBER 1
TN 003 0 00 03 MBER 2

REQ:

I know TN 9 2 was used for music because the cable to the CD Player is still punched down there.

My first goal is to get music on hold playing from the MIRAN.

Secondary for this week is to get the same (or another)
music file on the MIRAN to be used for music on hold for the ACD Queue. Currently, when a person gets to the queue, they hear endless ringing until the call is allocated to an agent and they pick it up (this isn't a problem today, because the calls are all being intercepted before they go to the Queue, but boss has mandated a change to use the queue beginning 01 October...

Thanks
-_Rick

here is a copy of my ran route (miran)

Code:

CUST 0

ROUT 85

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 85
DES  RAN
TKTP RAN
NPID_TBL_NUM   0
VTRK NO
RTYP LVL
GRD PLAY
REP  1
POST DIS
RANH
STRT DDL
WAIT RGB
BDCT YES
TITH 0
NCTH 0
ASUP CO
ACOD 800085
TARG
CDR  NO
MUS  NO
RACD NO
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
ALRM NO
SGRP 0
AACR NO

Code:
DES  RAN
TN   056 1 05 06
TYPE RAN
CUST 0

XTRK EXUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 600
AUTO_BIMP NO
RTMB 85 1
CONN 4
DATE 29 NOV 2005

this is using broadcast, conn 4.. i have a route and a member for each acd announcement.. the mus is a single route with a member in each group.. the mus does not need conn lic

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back