Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change topic priority for call in queue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPmonkey

Technical User
Jan 5, 2004
GB
Hello,

I have a system using topic priority and source priority groups in the task flow and the customer wants a low priority call that has been waiting in the queue for over 10 minutes to jump to the front of the queue?
I can use a "Longest wait time exceeded" condition to check the time in the queue, Is there a way to change the topic priority of a call within the task flow?

You just change the value of the Task Tag that you are using in you Source Priority Group.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Thanks for the reply janni78, In the topic configuration I have set the priority value and In the Source Priority Group I am using queuePrio from the Add.. option and I can't seem to find a way to change the value in the task flow to get the call to the front of the queue?

c.queuePrio is set in the Topic configuration or you can change it with a Change Task Tag action in the Task Flow.

The important thing is that you have set that it should prioritize from highest to lowest and added the Topics that should use the priority settings.

I might be missing something here but there is no option within the Change Task Tag action to change the c.queuePrio value, the initial priority does work in the correct order and its that the customer wants to change the priority if the call is in the queue for 10 minutes?

You are correct, seems you can't change c.queuePrio from a Change Task Tag action. I usually create my own TaskTag for priority so haven't encountered that.
You should be able to use a Logic action to change it.

I got there in the end, thanks for your help janni78

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back