Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change to Shared IP Processor Ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

inframen1

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2015
US
Hi all,
I am trying to find the command to swith the MGC from the CLAN to the Share IP Processor Ethernet on my G450 but haven't able to. Does anyone know that the command syntax should be?
Any help will be appreciated

Thank you,

Inframen

In CM, make sure you "add ip-interface procr" and set it to accept H248 gateways. That's how you turn on processor ethernet.

In the gateway:
show mgc list - that'll show where it's registering
clear mgc list - that'll wipe it
set mgc list 1.1.1.1,2.2.2.2,3.3.3.3 - that'll tell the G450 to register to one of those 3 IPs, in that order.

Shared IP processor ethernet means (to me) that you have a duplex pair of CMs - say, 1.1.1.2 and 1.1.1.3 and they share an active IP of 1.1.1.1. Whichever server is in control is handling IP 1.1.1.1.

So, if you had a single gateway with a single server and no survivability going on, and you had a G650 with a CLAN you were registering to before, then following the procedure I outlined above would let you point that G450 to the CM server directly rather than through a CLAN in the G650.

Thank you very much Kyle555. They we have 2 CMs and now I should be able to change the IP to the shared processor ethernet.
Best

One caveat to this is you may not be able to add a procr interface from SAT as it may not been enabled at install .... in this case it will need turning on from the web SMI (version specific ways to achieve this )

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back