Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change time on Avaya IP Office 4.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

melben

Programmer
Feb 15, 2005
US
Anyone know how to change the time for Avaya IP Ofice 4.0. Can only access the system remotely and do not have anyone who can set up another phone for system access. Thanks

You are not able to do it remotely it will need to be pointing to a valid ip on the IP Office network.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

Also from a previous post.

If you are usning a time server remember that windows uses a different time protocol than IPO, you need vm lite/pro or manager to act as a time server. If you dont want manager open all the time and you have vm pro then you can use the vm pro service but there is a caveat here also.

If you restart the vm pro service at any point whilst manager is open, vm will detect manager is open and will not start as a time server, when you close manager you have no more time server. See below

How the System Receives Time
The IP Office control unit contains a battery backed clock which is used to maintain system time during normal operation and when mains power is removed. The time is obtained using Time protocol (RFC868) requests. Note that this is different from Network Time Protocol (NTP).

Following a reboot the IP Office control unit sends out a time request on its LAN1 interface. It first makes the request to the Voicemail Server IP address in its configuration and, if it receives no reply, then makes a broadcast request.

The Voicemail Lite Server, Voicemail Pro Server/Service and the Manager program can all act as Time servers, giving the time as set on their host PC's. If you are running Manager when the Voicemail Server starts, then Voicemail does not start as a time server. It is therefore highly recommended that you have no copy of Manager running when you start or restart the Voicemail Server.

A specific address for the time server that should be used can be set in the IP Office configuration (System | System | Time Server IP Address). Setting this address to 0.0.0.1 also disables the IP Office's time update requests.

When using a time server located in a different time zone from the IP Office, there are two mechanisms for applying an offset to the time. If Manager is acting as the time server, the time offset for each can be specified through the BOOTP entry for the system. Alternatively, the offset can specified in the IP Office configuration (System | System | Time Offset).

ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Working towards.

also previous when on 4.0.10 you can set a user to system phone
the phone must be an 5410 or 5420
then you dial *9000* after the beep press hold
then you can set time and date
if the user has a password then first put in the password and then you can change time and date

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

good move prov

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

@provider, you can do this remotly but then dchp must be set to dial in
then when you dial in you will get a local ipadres
then you can send a config and the time will be set
this is the only remote way there is

I have a 412 that has a problem with the internal clock.

I have set my phone to be a system phone, and used the *9000* shortcode, and I can reset the Date / Time. But it only updates on the phone displays, it doesn't update the 412 with the proper time.

on 3.1(56) I set a phone to system phone. the *9000* short code is "Maintenance" relay on. when you dial that code from the system phone and press hold after the beep nothing happens.

socalsteve ,this only works with 4.0 and the last rease of phone firmaware (R5)

h382, if the phone dispays update correctly then i cannot imagine that the internal clock of the 412 does not work as the phones get the time from the 412 unit. The phones do not have a clock build in.
If you start monitor the you can see that the time is send to the phones every minute.

You can check the internal clock of the unit with a serial cable connection, during a reboot it will give a lot of messages, one of them tells you if the clock is failing or not.

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

intrigrant, if I open system status or monitor, that time is actually about 4 hours off right now. I'll reboot the system, and it will take the new time, but within a day or so it's an hour behind, and the phones don't seem to ever say the same time as the System Status or Monitor does.

I'm replacing the 412 tonight, as I think the internal clock is shot.

I am running IP 4.0.7. I set up a user to be a system phone under the telephony tab. She has a 6408D+. I asked her to dial *9000* and she cannot- she can only key in *90 which brings up an Auto Attendant feature. I also asked to to try to use these instructions but she doesn't have the option to press setup under the soft keys.

Changing the System Date and Time by telephone set is only possible with 4400 and 6400 Series sets, otherwise the IP Office Manager craft interface must be used to set the system time and date. One 4400 and 6400 series phone with a Menu key can be allocated as a "System Phone" by the system administrator. The user of that phone can then change the date and time displayed on all phones.
Note, There will be a short delay before some phones will update their displayed date and time.
To change the date/time:
Press Menu twice.
Press Func.
Press Next and then press Setup.
Press either Date or Time. Enter the new value, in the following format:
Date must be 2 digits for the month and day and 4 digits for the year.
Use the # key to enter a /. For example; 06/04/2007.
When all ten characters have been entered, Next is displayed.
To select the day of the week, press and Next/Prev.
Time must be 2 digits for the hour and 2 digits for the minutes.
Use the * key to enter a :. For example; 10:15.
After entering the day or time, press Done.

it sounds like someone may have removed your *9000* short code or just made a new *90 code that plays an attendant menu.

@melben you can't do it on that type of phone
read this (out of the techbulletin 87)

3.3 System Phone Date and Time Change
DS 5410/5420 and IP 5610/5620 telephones programmed to ‘System Phone’ now have the ability to change the date and time of the IP Office. To enable this feature, the system phone must dial *9000* then press the ‘hold’ button after hearing the confirmation beep. The display will now show Date and Time. The date can be entered by Day/Month/Year (16/05/2007) or Month/Day/Year (05/16/2007) dependant on system Locale.
E.g. enter date 16/05/2007 press 1, 6, #, 0, 5, #, 2,0,0,7 from the System Phone.
E.g. enter time 14:05 press 1, 4, #, 0, 5 from the System Phone.

Having Similiar issue with 4.0 However System status reflects the correct time while monitor is an hour ahead. Time on phones and time of day routing is off as well.
Any ideas?

TLPETER, Whilst possibly sacrifising a space on the MVP list, I think you deserve a * for the post in regards to doing it via dial in DHCP. Didnt know that was possible, Has worked a treat though.

ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Working towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back