Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change the user on profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niltinho

Technical User
Dec 6, 2002
GB
Hi guys,

You know when you copy a profile to another location and then you specify which user you want to use it, so next time that user logs in it will have that profile assigned to him. Well I would like to know how (if possible) I could change which user uses a specific profile with out copy it?

Thank you,

Niltinho
BEng,CCNA,MCSA,CNA

Do you mean when you use the cope feature on a computer to copy a local profile to a share on a server?

No. Assume local profiles only. Lets say "dude" and many others have a massive profile, then dude becomes "newdomain\dude", I want to make dude's profile to be now used by "newdomain\dude". So i would go to, My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced --> User Profiles -> select the profile -> Copy to -> Copy profile to "newlocation\newdomain.dude" Permitted to use --> "newdomain\dude". Well, what I want to do is something like change the "Permitted to use" without have to copy it.

Cheers

Niltinho
BEng,CCNA,MCSA,CNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back