Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change the "Fom:" address on a per user basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIS

Technical User
Jun 1, 2001
NL
Hallo All,

My apologies for double posting this question.

Does anybody know how to change the "From " address for one user only. I am using Sendmail. What I would like is for one specific user having

something@compantA.com

and the rest

something_different@companyB.com

Is this at all possible? I am aware I can use the Masquerade As function in sendmail.mc, but this will affect all users. How do I change it for one user only?

You can try 'sendmail -f your_address@some.server recipient' from command line. I don't know how to create server-wide configuration for this, sorry.

BIS,
As long as your sendmail is set up for the domain (i.e. companyb.com is entered in your /etc/mail/local-host-names) and your dns will resolve companyb.com, then this can be set in the mail client that the user is using. Just set the e-mail address and reply-to address to user@companyb.com and your all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back