Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change the extension of of a phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimcoo

MIS
Nov 26, 2009
CA
I have plugged in a new phone, and it has picked up ext 275.

I do not want it to be ext 275. No other phone set has ext 275, but when you dial 275, several phones in one department ring at the same time (I think this is called 'Answer DN') I don't want this phone to ring along with them.

How can I change this new phone to have another extension?

I have a Norstar MICS at v7

Thanks,
Jim

Cant tell you how to program and navigate or what your password is, training courses for that but it is located under Config/SystemProgramming/Change DN.
Suggest to clean up programming and remove the Answer DN which is under Sets/XXX/LineAccess/AnswerDN.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Once you are in programming, system programming there is a feature to change DN.

Change DN didn't work.
It changed the phone from 275 to 209, but all of the settings for 275 moved over to 209. So when you dial 275 you get a not in service. I need 275 to ring at some phones in the Field department.
So I put it back the way it was. I need this new phone to pick up an unused extension with default settings.

The phone is on port 128. Maybe I could assign a unused extension to port 128, and with set relocate off, plug the phone in and it will pick up this unused extension and default settings. Is there a way to assign an extension to a port?

Thanks

When you remove the working extension in this case 275 all answer DN will not work.

The only time the system keeps an extension active is when an ATA is connected to that extension.

Plug an ATA on 275 and you are set to go.

He wants to keep 275 ringing on the other phones.

"I don't want this phone to ring along with them.

It changed the phone from 275 to 209, but all of the settings for 275 moved over to 209. So when you dial 275 you get a not in service. I need 275 to ring at some phones in the Field department.

Of course it changed the DN that's what you told it to do.
Find DN 275 in Maintenance and connect a phone to that port, then all will work as expected.

Marv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back