Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change the destination vector number for a huge range of VDNs

Status
Not open for further replies.

midterm2003

Technical User
Jun 18, 2013
GB
I would like to change the destination vector number for a huge range of VDNs (about 2000 DIDs), is there away to do that by a faster way , other than changing every single VDN !! I know its possible via Export/import which I'm not familiar with ?

Thanks you

Definitly an opportunity to get familiar with the ASA Import commands (change VDN). Pretty straightforward (and quick). It will do exactly what you're looking for.

Kevin

I have done Export for list VDN xxxxxx count xxxx inot csv file

can you please tell me what shall I do next in ASA to get the vector number value changed to whatever I need ?

Thanks

I did changed the vector number value in the csv file I exported
but when I tried to import it again , the Columns arrangements wasn't the same as ASA import template , Please advise ASAP ?

TBH, I'd use ASA find and replace to change the VDN and not export/import

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

4merAvaya's suggestion is the easiest way to change the VDN's.

If you're just changing the vector number the VDNs are pointing to, this is all you have to do:

Get a full list of the VDNs you need to change into a spreadsheet. Either you can do this by creating an export of the VDNs or doing a Report under the Advanced tab in ASA and exporting the output to a comma deliminated file, then opening it in Excel.

Once you have all the VDNs in a spreadsheet, sign into the PBX with ASA (if you connect using GEDI or Emulator, close the window, but keep the connection open), under the Advanced Tab, click on Import Data, change the Select and object to VDN and click on the Change Command radio button and click OK.

Copy and paste your VDNs into the Extension column, then copy and paste the vector you want them to route to in the Vector Number/PRT Number column. You do not have to put in any other information, the import will not write over any other information unless you fill in the column, or if you want to remove any data that's in a column you have to enter double quotes to remove it.

Click on the Save Icon (floppy disc), then the Run icon (lightning bolt) and then "Bob's your uncle", it will run and change all your VDNs. The Schedule Tab should show "# of objects changed, # failed".

- Stinney
"Scire ubi aliquid invenire possis, ea demum maxima pars eruditionis est"

"To know where to find anything is, after all, the greatest part of education"

You can rearrange the columns on the ASA Import Data for by double clicking it and dragging it to where you want it. In your case, you just need the VDN and vector columns, If you put them next to each other you can just paste the Excel data. I would keep a copy of the original values, copy the Excel spreadsheet, and edit the copy. That way you have the original data if needed.

Kevin

Thank you all for the reply

didn't think its so easy like That !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back