Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change the close date

Status
Not open for further replies.

racer514

Technical User
Apr 16, 2001
US
Hello,

I just started using ACT! and have a question. I use the dashboard to track the monthly sales. If I close an opportunity and need to make an adjustment, fix a mistake, or add a note, when I re-close it (Close-Won) it changes the Close Date to the current date and completely throws off my Monthly Sales figures. I just changed a part number (Product) for a sale I made last month and it re-closed it to this month and makes this month look better than it really is.

Please tell me there is a work-around for this. I have hours and hours into customizing this to my business.

Thanks.

Before clicking ok to close it, change the Close Date on the Opportunity Info tab.

Or sell the same stuff each month :)

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

I so wish it were that simple. The moment I change it to "Close-Won" the close date automatically changes to the current date and greys out the screen so it cannot be changed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back