Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Table Properties for Table Created with MT Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshake

MIS
Jul 18, 2000
US
I need to automate changing the properties of fields in a table created with a Make Table Query. The fields are created as "Text" fields. They are numeric fields that have to be used in equations later on. I need to change them from "Text" to "Number". I tried a macro with "SendKeys" but it will not work. I also tried to write a function that formats them, but this will not work on a table. I need to automate this a the database is for users who will probably hose it if I let them change table designs.

Thanks so much.

Hi; I've had to do this before - what I usually do is write a macro that runs the MT query, then the next line in the macro is the RUNSQL command - the parameter is ALTER TABLE (you can look up the syntax in the help). You can change the data type of a field using this command. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back