Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change signons in all data sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNRM

Programmer
Jan 27, 2005
ZA
I am in the process of changing cubes to run against a different database (production only copy of a test database) and I see that each data source has a hardcoded signon.

I am calling trnsfmr from command line in a batch file and was hoping that all I would need was to change the -k switch to point trnsfmr to the new database but upon opening each data source trnsfrmr asks me to log on to the old database.
There are 28 dta sources and re-creating each one in Impromptu is far from preferable.

Any suggestions, or am I painted into a corner yet again with Cognos where I will have to set aside an entire day to do something that ought to be one or two dialogs at most?

If you are just moving your databases (different server or whatever) then you can just change your ODBC links to point to the new datasources. They do need to be identical to do this though, table structures and names for example, or it won't work.

Just a second thought as well. Don't forget that your IQD files are text as well. They can be edited quite happily as long as you are careful. If all else fails then redo your catalog. As long as the data arrives with the same column headings from the catalog folders you should not have too many issues. I have to do this when moving models etc. from Dev to live and I get round it by having the same ODBC name for different data soources on the different environments. Simply ports across then and survives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back