Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change shcemaowner /DB user in a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

GretaD

Programmer
Mar 7, 2006
NO
Hi

I am using CR XI and Oracle 9.

I have a database with different schemas/users in it with the same table structure but different data. How can I change manually between these schemas/users when running the report, and is it possible to add it as a parameter field?

Thanks for any answers!

Greta

If you use a COMMAND object as the datasource, then you can create a parameter to designate the schema to apply.

Not sure what you mean by changing the user, perhaps you can elaborate on what that means.

At login the user and schema are already defined, so your intent is a tad vague.

Anyway, if it's something that can be done by modifying the SQL from a parameter, then use a Command Object as the datasource. You'll see it as the 1st choice under the server/database you are connecting to as Add Command.

-k

If you're using BusinessObjects Enterprise or CrystalReports Server, you could use a Business View with a Dynamic Data Connection.

Bob Suruncle

Sorry for not being clear.

I am using CR Developer XI, and am using tables to select the data (not command object).

When I create the report I select tables from one schema, and this gets prefixed in the SQL (SchemaName.TableName.ColumnName).

I wondered if there was any method of changing the schema for the tables? I found out that you can do it manually in Set Datasource location, by changing one by one table. Is there any way that you can change it for all tables at once, or get a parameter that will set the shcema name (the reports will be startet from a windows application).

Thanks again!

Greta

I am new to CRXI and BOEXI and this is exactly what I am trying to figure out - how do I dynamically set my data connection.

I work in an environment where BOE is installed on a Unix environment and we are connecting to Oracle databases with the native Oracle drivers. We need to import our reports from dev/test to production and change all db connections dynamically. How do I do that? I've attended both CR Developer and BOE System admin classes and have been told you just can't do it. Sounds like there is a way, but what is it?

JA Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back