Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change sender based on tld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socke

Technical User
Sep 20, 2002
DE
Hi,

customer needs a very special settings. He wants to change sender name based on destination domain, espescially tld.

Like:

user@domain.com changed to user@infodomain.at if reciever is reciever@recievedomain.at

user@domain.com changed to user@infodomain.de if reciever is reciever@recieverdomain.de

Any ideas how to script this?

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Torsten

Not sure I'd advise that. One of the things I always do (as do many others) is set Exchange to not accept inbound emails coming from a domain it (Exchange) is authoritative for. You'd get blacklisted real quick, and most email wouldn't be delivered.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Server is authoritative for all listed domains above. The "reverse-lookup" scenario is known to me - use the same setup for my mail-servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back