Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Reply address Email domain? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2002
File server is running Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000.
Desktops are running Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000.
The Parent company (also on Exchange 5.5) has @company.com email domain.
Our company has @company.ca email domain.

The parent company receives all email on their @company.com email domain, and relays the email for the people here to the @company.ca email domain.

Is there a way to change the reply (or from) email address to the @company.com email domain and receive email on the @company.ca email domain?

Is it Happy Hour yet?
cheers.gif

The answer, I believe is, yes. At our shop, mail comes into a relay box as @company.com and is aliased to @exchserver.company.com, which is the Exchange server's "core" SMTP address. The user's mailbox is configured with an additional SMTP address, which is set as the "Reply-To" address. This is a manual process for us, because we have such a small number of changes over, say, a week. When the user responds to an e-mail, the @company.com address is used, not the @exchangeserver.company.com. What you are talking about seems to be just a variation on this theme.

I know that this is how you will have to deal with the user's mailboxes. You will also have to configure the IMC to accept mail for the other (company.ca), as well as any front-end relay box.

Thanks RonHo.
I'll check that out over the weekend, and let you know how it turns out.

Is it Happy Hour yet?
cheers.gif

Thanks again RonHo.

I added a new SMTP address (internet address) with the @company.com mail server domain extension. Highlighted this new SMTP address and clicked on the "Set as Reply Address" button.

It all works great!

Help! I've fallen and I can't reach my beer.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back