Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change pages shown in window

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudboy

Technical User
Feb 17, 2003
US
can indesign show facing pages actually next to each other in the same window? i miss this feature from pagemaker. it was so much easier to plan the design of a spread across two pages when they were visible side-by-side. how do you do this with indesign?

mudboy

This is done in page/document set-up and the 'Pages' palette - - just like PageMaker.

i looked under doc setup and there is no page tab or option.

Maybe I misinterpreted your request. You're looking for 'facing pages', right?

Under File>New Document & File>Document Setup...
Choose 'Facing pages'

Then, under the Window>Pages palette, you can juggle the facing pages in any manner that you want.

If you want to view the pages centered in the same screen view, you can choose View>Fit Spread in Window.

Question: How to make 4 pages into two 2-page spreads. No matter what I do ( check Preference, doc. set up, shuffle "pages") I can't get rid of Page 1 on top, Pages 2 & 3 as a spread, and Page 4 as a single page on bottom. This is for a "four page" newletter.

In PageMaker this was a snap. What am I doing wrong? Many thanks. Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back