Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Page Orientation on subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

paqguy

Instructor
Nov 1, 2001
US
I'd like to print my first page portrait and the second page (or subreport) in landscape. I'm thinking I can just setup the second page so that the text is rotated 90 degrees and make it "look" like landscape.

Anybody have experience doing this??

paqguy - Shaun Beane
Instructor/Developer
sbeane@verizon.net

Shaun,

If the second page is a sub-report, you can format the sub-report to print in landscape (through File >> Printer Setup) and leave the main report as portrait.

David Stinsman

I just tried stinsman's solution in Crystal 8.5, and it didn't work. Whether you changed fomr the main report or the subreport, both changed. Which version of Crystal are we talking about?

Madawc Williams (East Anglia)

Unless this changed in higher versions, I believe a subreport always takes on the orientation of the main report. I don't think rotating the text will mimic a landscape orientation very well, since the sections themselves won't rotate. The only way this might work is if you only have one record per subreport execution, perhaps a memo field.

-LB

well, I am currently using version 9 and i haven't had a chance to try out changing the orientation on my report ... I'll let you know how I make out. Thank you for the feedback.

paqguy - Shaun Beane
Instructor/Developer
sbeane@verizon.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back