Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hraa

IS-IT--Management
Jul 23, 2007
LY
Hi gents
We have server p520 installed aix 5.3 ML 10 upgraded and installed tsm server by root user.
I created user name's tsm i want change the tsm user can manage the tsm software
thanks

If i understood your question correctly! you need to drop the tsm user and then create a new user (with your preferred name) and then chown -R new_user:new_group /tsm_dir

Regards,
Khalid

Hi khalid

I think you don't understand me,my question is :i installed tsm server software by root user only by root user i execute dsmadmc now i want to create new user name's tsm i want execute dsmadmc how to change configuration.
thanks

Perhaps consider installing sudo to allow this user the execute dsmadmc?

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

If when the tsm user tries to run the dsmadmc command if they get an error such as "execute permision denied" then you need to set the execute bit on the file. That would be chmod +x /pathtofile/dsmadmc. As I understand it execute for everyone would be ok since they can't do anything after entering the command unless they have an id and password on the TSM server. So if the tsm users can execute the program then they will need an id and password setup in the TSM system to log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back