Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change outlook object library using vba code in access 97 form

Status
Not open for further replies.

maudedo

MIS
Jul 10, 2003
GB
Hello All
Please help.
currently outside bodies use and need to keep an Access97 database. These users have different versions of Office products, and also use newer versions of access but arent allowed to convert their access version from 97 (their vb front end only accepts 97 format and is hardcoded which we do not have access to the code to change this! huh!). The access database is used as an MI portal and requires interaction between Access and Outlook to email progress reports to us.

To get around this at the moment I have three templates based on Outlook 98, Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP, as each object library is different. The only difference between the three is the fact that the associated references are ticked specific to these three versions of Outlook... as you can imagine.. the newer versions of Outlook.. the more templates required which i really need to avoid.

So if they do update their software products, then a new template has to be distributed and a transfer of tables from live to the template is required.. (unless they are using Access 97 and are able to change the reference to the new object libraries)

I need to get access (VBA) code to recognise which version of Outlook the particular machine is using, and automatically associate the correct object library.

If the wrong object library is associated with the access database at the moment causes users to get a function expression not found error message.

I am comfortable with vb code, but i have never written modules or functions and not sure which is best way forward... can it be done in vb code, and if so where do i start?

many thanks
Donna

Hi maudedo,

I am up against the same kind of problem.
===========================================
I need to get access (VBA) code to recognize which version of Outlook the particular machine is using, and automatically associate the correct object library.
=================================================
It seems like I've run across the answer to your first question (version of Access) but did not save it in my notes. I'm actively looking for an answer to the second (automatically associate) for an XP program as I use DAO and I believe that when my program is loaded on a new PC, the DAO 3.6 Library is NOT automatically associated.

If I get an answer, I'll reply again to this.

Regards, Sorrells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back