Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change of release on PBX - Menu doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherieB

Technical User
Mar 30, 2004
US
We recently upgraded to release 25.4 on or PBX and have noticed that our voicemail menus's no longer work correctly. We have Octel 250/350 system. When using menu 31 - caller's menu if a caller calls the menu selects an option that takes them to another person's extension and that person does not answer it takes them back to the menu vs. going into that user's voicemail box. This just happened when we changed the release. Any ideas?

if you call the phone does it go to the voicemail of the user if you don't use the menu ? and when you use the menu do you hear the phone ring or music on hold ?

If you call the phone it goes directly to the user w/o the menu. You do hear the phone ring if you use the menu and can see it transfer the call to the user. If the user doesn't pick up it goes back to the menu vs. their voicemail. I've tested some of the 31 menus since the upgrade and they are doing the same thing.

Also i found this it may not be your problem but it is worth a look

An issue has been identified with Nortel software release 25.10 that affects integration on all Lucent Technologies messaging products using set emulation for integration.

At NT release 25.10, the called party display information is not presented and integration is lost. This occurs when calls are transferred to extensions that are busy call forwarded, or all calls forwarded to voicemail.

An example is described below:

Calls presented to an auto-attendant that are transferred to an extension that is either busy call forwarded, or all calls forwarded to voice mail do not have the called party display information, and loss of integration occurs. Inside callers are prompted for their own password and outside callers get the system greeting.

SOLUTION:

Nortel has developed the following patch that corrects the problem: MPLR 12969

Any site that is using set emulation for integration, and is at Nortel release 25.10 should have the Nortel patch installed on the PBX.

if you call the phone just by picking up your phone does it go to the right mailbox or to the menu ?

i think we need to talk real time if you want call me at 972 467 3819

our other tech figured it out.
With the upgrade, the order of appearance of the Caller ID info has changed, causing this application not to work. The only way to loss the original dialed number 4104954100 is to send it off-site and let it come back in. The call is going out Verizon and then back in via Verizon. Please update your special VM app book for VM 4100. I can assist you on any questions.

1. Option 1of the Caller's menu mailbox points to an ACD 7654.
2. ACD 7654 is NCFW to 42554104954657 (Access code 4255 and Gail's number 4104954657)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back