Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change of database logon for the deployed reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

rai02

Technical User
Jan 18, 2010
IN
hi,
I need to change the logon informatin for a set of reports which is pointing to a particular schema at present. i need to make it point to a different schema.I tried using publishing wizard,modify or review properties where i can change the logon but the parameter window is giving a problem as few parameters are mandatory..is there any other way to change the logon info for multiple reports at one shot?? i am using crystal enterprise 11

There is no utility that comes with BOE that will do this. However, you can write your own utility to do this using the SDK (I have a C# code sample for this!) or you can find a third-party tool that will handle it. Go to for a good list of what's available.

-Dell

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

hi,
I downloaded a third party tool called rptInspectorProSetup_3_02_1215_CRXI_dw3pd.exe(rpt inspector).
Can i use this to change the database logon for multiple reports?

You'll have to look at the documentation for the tool to see if it allows you to do that. I've never worked with it as I usually write my own .NET code to do this type of thing.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hi,
On the Administrators page there are tools to manage various aspects of your BOE deployment..one of those, ( I believe it is the schedule manager) will let you change the login information for an entire folder's set of reports. I don't have access to that system right now so look at all of those tools to see which one has that feature.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I have used schedule manager and it does work. However it does NOT work for recurring reports that are scheduled. Those will have to be re-scheduled or use a third party tool or the SDK.

hello,
i tried using the schedule manager to change the schema information.but it is not fetching me any data.the reports are not scheduled.i am using boe Xi version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back