Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change of Broad band provider 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

officerdibble

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2009
GB
HI, I must say I am very impressed wuith the quality of this site, it rocks as they say.

System = IPLDK 20
I have recntly changed Broadband providers, as soon as we did, the phones stopped working. The only thing that has changed is the BB provider. Are there settings on my system, ie IP address that must be changed?

I have looked around the site and cannot find such details, which worry's me.

The Default gateway and IP address of the phone system etc are as they should be as is the subnet mask as afr as I can see, I have come across DNS ADDR and FIREWALL IP which are both set to 89.145.199.216, I have changed them to the DNS server used on my new BB provider and still no joy. Any assistance would be welome

Cheers

Thanks! Yeah, we rock, as you say!
Tek-tips writers are happy to help - and very much devoted to their products, as you easily will find out. Just have a look around in the different forums.

If you have changed your WAN (IP) provider, then (maybe) you often got a new public IP address. The FIREWALL IP address is your public IP adress, so this must be changed accordingly!
Your local IP address, subnet mask and default gateway is normally not changed if your PUBLIC IP address is changed.

///doktor

Thanks Doktor,

I have checked the Firewall IP and changed it to match my WAN IP address, I have changed the DNS IP address to match the DNS address of that supplied by my new ISP. Unfortunately I still can't make calls. Could this be due to the ISP, I asked them and they said that their system works with Voip as they have many voip customers.
When I make an external call I get six beeps and the main station reads "Line 07 released Cause 403 Flash ACNR"

The rest of the system has not been touched, the only thing that has changed is the new BB supplier and it's IP address.

In most cases you need to restart the IPECS to get the new IP address to work. Did you change anything on your LAN?
Can you ping another public / local ip address from IPECS? (There should be a ping menu - in "maintenance").

///doktor

Call me dim but;

If I power the whole system down and back up again, is that equivilent to restarting the IPCES?

Where is maintenance, is it accessible from the DKTU or need I install the PCADMIN softwear?

Regards

There is a restart "hole" in the MFIM/E module - in the front of the module. Otherwise use PGM450. You need to logon to the Admin web page.

///doktor

Hi again

Just to explain:
LAN environment of PGM102:
- MFIM/E IP Address
- MFIM/E Subnet Mask
- System Subnet Mask

WAN environment of PGM102:
- Firewall IP Address
(This one should be changed if you get a new public IP address).

Also in PGM132 (Board based attributes) there could be some setting, but just if you use more than one public IP address (i.e. more locations).

///doktor

Sorry I am messing things up.
I am writing about IPECS, but your system is ipLDK-20.
Still it is the PGM340 that is important.
The PGM340 has much of the same info as the PGM102 of the IPECS.
So, here it is corrected for the ipLDK-20:

Just to explain:
LAN environment of PGM 340:
- MFIM/E IP Address
- MFIM/E Subnet Mask
- System Subnet Mask

WAN environment of PGM 340:
- Firewall IP Address
(This one should be changed if you get a new public IP address).
Hope that this info is usefull.

///doktor

Still sorry for messing things up.
(I was writing about IPECS, but your system is ipLDK-20.).

Now I got a few questions.
I guess that you have some IP phones connected to the ipLDK-20? Or are you using an IP trunk?

I wrote 2 threads - one on each subject:

How to program an IP phone in ipLDK-100!!
thread1613-1484637
And:
How to program a VoIP trunk in ipLDK-100?
thread1613-1484626

To check if we are discussing IP phones or IP trunks, please
check:
IP trunk:
PGM 320 + index 1 is to be set to ON. This demands a license for VoIP (IP trunk). If the license is not installed, then it is impossible to set this field to ON.
It is fairly easy to check if this idex is set.

IP phones:
PGM386 IP Phone Attribute. This field shows if IP phones are installed.

Let me know what type of "IP" you are having problems with.
Do you only have the ipLDK-20 - or are there other components of telecommunications equipment in your office?

By the way: To reset the ipLDK-20 is to press once on the SW2 (System reset button) located on the main processor board.

///doktor

There are no IP phones installed; PGM386 = 0

My phones, 3off inc DKTU are wired into DK/SLT5 & 6 and DKT1 respectively. The system is connected via the LAN port on the expansion module into our network router.

My telephone service provider has informed whoever runs the SIP accounts of our changed static WAN IP address.

Our Broadband connection is live, as shown by this post.

I have set the Firewall IP to our new IP address.

The areas of question I have at present are: PGM340/341 GK Find address has an address in it at present, does this need to be changed?
DNS address, not sure what this should be? but it was set the same as the Firewall address previously.
Also, SIP Attr #1 have proxy server details entered, do these need changing / or are they necessary.
PGM108 has the local router address / subnet mask set correctly.
Lastly, would PGM450 be ok to reset or must I press S/W2.

Regards

Oh, you are using SIP...

You need to check for the settings og PGM350 and 351.

PGM350:
*1. Set SIP Attribute 1[PGM 350] as below.
1) Proxy Server Address : x.x.x.x
2) Primary DNS Address : “Local DNS Address”
3) Set Domain Address as “x.x.x.x”

------------------------------------------
PGM351 (for ALL users, this must be done):
*2: 1. Set Index 1 as below.
1) Contact Number : 100(Station number - e.g. 100)
2) User ID Registration : Register
3) User ID Usage : True
4) User ID : 100@x.x.x.x
2. Set SIP User ID Table number of Station 100 as 01.
PGM + 111 + 10001000 + F23 + 01 + [SAVE]
3. Reset MPB manually.
4. Check if the user is registered to SIP Server normally.

IP address of x.x.x.x is your Public IP address.
Let me know about your progress.

///doktor

Added info:

Q:
PGM108 has the local router address / subnet mask set correctly.
A:
This is OK. Just leave it as it is.
Q:
Lastly, would PGM450 be ok to reset or must I press S/W2.
A:
The 2 "ways" do the same job. Power off also does the job of resetting the ipLDK-20.

If you could provide me with a back-up of your system, I could dig in to more details. (This is up to you).
Check this link:

///doktor

More added info:

PGM350 is SIP attributes#1, and PGM351 is SIP attributes#2..

///doktor

Doktor, you are a superstar!!

I found out today that the SIP account change had not been done, they had not changed our static IP address on their system. I had already changed the required settings via your previous assistance, as soon as the SIP change was complete the phone system started working fine.

The setting I ended up with that work are as follows :-
PGM340:
IP Address = 192.168.1.51 (the address of the VIOP expansion pack);
Gateway address = 192.168.1.1
Subnet mask = 255.255.255.0
DNS address = 84.92.84.102 (I have no idea were this is, just legacy)
Firewall IP address x.x.x.x (WAN IP address)
GK address = 0.0.0.0
GK find address = 224.0.1.41
GK find port = 1718
GK signal port = 1719
GK RAS signal port = 1720 (I've no idea what these port addresses are for)

SIP Attr #1 (Legacy/no change to original)
Proxy server address 83.245.6.81 ( no idea where this is)
Proxy port server 5060
Domain 83.245.6.81

I have enjoyed our exchange and will keep in touch and assist if I can.

Once again thanks

I am happy that you solved your issue. Thank you for your status update.

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back