Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change number of rings before going to voicemail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedmomrik

MIS
Apr 16, 2003
US
I've have looked through the manuals, and through this site, and I can't find how to change the number of rings before a users set forwards to voicemail.

I have a customer with IP500, 6.0 and VMPro that the stocking department wants to change the number of rings before their set transfers to Voicemail. Currently, after 3 rings all sets transfer, they want to increase it for 1 phone only to 5 rings. Where can I make this change??

Thanks, I thought that may be it, but I wanted to be sure. I like how the Nortel systems put it as number of rings, not a timer setting.

That's because Nortel (like much of Avaya) couldn't understand that the length of a ring might vary depending on where in the world you are! So the setting in rings works fine in US/Canada but not anywhere else.

[Anyone remember the IP Office Wizard. Built by US developers who thought a ring was the same length of time in all countries. Same with the current IP Office Partner mode - again a US development team who can't think globally]

Sizbut, do you have avcess to 7.0?
Try the new mode.
It should be the same and i am not a fan of it.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

There is no outside the US for US citizens, they seem to think that everything outside the US use only US technology because it is the "best and most outstanding" available in the US ( and thus in the rest of the world :)-

Too bad they still use a lot of Analog trunks A.K.A 1980;s :)

They do lead the world......in taking good ideas changing them slighty and making them worse :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Ouch!!! We aren't all that bad! Actually a lot of us are quite jealous of the rest of the worlds technology, especially your broadband speeds. Our government cant seem to figure out the necessity of having fast, reliable internet.

IT would be a start when you guys ditch those analog trunks and go for ISDN :)

Agreed. We have a hard time letting go of our crappy old technology. I'm the one who has to deal with those wonderful lines and now with the bad v2's I've been seeing that gives the analog trunks a backround buzzing sound, it is making it a real treat :) Even when we do put in a PRI people still aren't comfortable running their analog devices through the IPO and bring in some stand alone analog. At least I enjoy my "alone" time in the basements of buildings cross connecting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back