Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change NTFS rights on folders 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSC

MIS
Mar 27, 2001
EU
Hi,

I have removed some of my Site Adminstrators from the group "Administrators" Local Group. Now they are not able to change the NTFS Rights on the Folders. They are members of another Group that have "Full Access" on the folders but still they can't change the NTFS Rights.
My question is "Do they have to be members of the Administrators Group, Local, to be able to change the NTFS rights on folders?

Thanks

Absolutely not... they just need to have full NTFS permissions on those NTFS folders.

Franck

I've tried it on one of my servers and your statement is correct.
BUT on a other server I get pop up message
"You have only permission to view current security information on P:\"
Then when I click OK everything is greyed out and they can't modify the security settings.
What I can see the changes are the same on both servers.
The Group that they are members of have Full Controll of the Folders.

Thanks

Sounds like your are trying to modify permissions remotely throught P:\ drive. Maybe the share permissions are causing a problem. Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

The share rights were not as I have set up them in the first place so YES it was them that caused my headache.
Thanks for the input and the help!

GSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back