Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change MICS 7.X from PRI to CI Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

DScot

Technical User
Apr 14, 2007
US
Has anyone had to do this? Normally it's the other way around. Is it easier to just reset the configuration and start from scratch? Also, since the SW has the PRI Enabler SW, does this have to be disabled somewhere?

Customer bought from another customer who had PRI and this one only has 6 1MB trunks.

You can do this! It will be a bit tedious, as all the appearances of target lines will have to be removed and the P.O.T.S. appearances will have to be assigned. Also, target lines usually indicate private #'s (DID's). If, with P.O.T.S., there are multiple appearances of a line/lines, you have to be careful with forwarding/hunting of sets to mail. The PRI keycode will pose no problem.

if you dont need any of the programming - do a startup - thats the better way(this will remove the PRI - you can always enter it if you have the original keycodes)

As senk1s suggested, do a STARTUP as long as the PRI enabler keycode is still available for future use. I find it fairly easy to reset MICS programming using the NRU browser tool which will leave the PRI enabler intact in case you don't have a record of the original keycode.

Brian Cox

RIGHT ON Guys. I think the best is to do a new START-UP too. That way I can just program from scratch. It has a CP100 with it, so I'll go through that with not too much pain without starting over, I'll just kill the mailboxes and AA and start fresh.

I appreciate the help - maybe I can return the favor some day.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back