Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change MGC IP Addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

moose4me

Technical User
May 22, 2002
US
Hello all,

I hope you can help. I added a third cabinet to my 1000E rls 5.0 system. This third cabinet houses an MGC in slot 0 which I provisioned with the required IP addresses. As luck would have it, I now need to change the IP addresses. When I typed Ctrl+ldb per the NTP, it asks for an id and password.
Now I have no clue and cannot find in the NPT's what this so-called default id and password, or if it even exists. So ladies and germs, do any one of you out there have an idea as to this id/password? If so, would you please let me (us)know what it is? If you know exactly which NTP number it is, I be happy to look again.

If the password is not known or cannot be shared, I fully understand. Should that be the case, is there an alternate way of changing the MGC IP addresses withoug doing the Ctrl+ldb thingy? Thanks.

Take care.

You can use your normal system admin2 or PDT passwords. Once in to the oam. Do mgcIPClear and formatDisk (or diskFormat I can never remeber which way round only one works) answer yes to the format reboot and it comes up like the day you got it out the box.

Thanks chrisay59, that sure did the job and I, and those who run into the same situation I did, sincerely appreciates it.
Bignose21, I was afraid to do the formatdisk command for fear that it might completely erase the entire the card. Does it really only erases the data entered and keeps its original database? It's that word ... format ... that scares me a bit.

I formats all the data from the Flash, then as it boots the Gold Image is restored and and it comes back to the ELAN 0.0.0.0 prompt. I do it quite often specialy with our lab systems, don't worry no real info is lost.

The 2 places info for the MGC's is contained is in LD 97 SUPL and when you do the config in elephant manager it stores some files (containing the LAN info, Call Server address, Codec info, etc) in the /u/ipmg folder on the Call Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back