Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Message Priority in Exchange 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonb2

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

Does anyone know how to change the message priority in Exchange System Manager?

Just migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. Exchange 5.5 was easy to change the Priority but I'm having mental block!

Any help would be great.

Thanks

JonB

I thought urgent, normal and low priority were set on a client basis in Outlook?

My users have set the priority of the messages on the client side to whatever they wanted in Outlook - The thing is I've got a massive queue on a server waiting to transfer these messages to another exchange server that is currently offline and only comes online every hour or two. In the queue there are loads of personal and business emails - I want to change the priority of the personal emails to low or leave as normal and change the business emails to Urgent so when the server comes back online these will be delievered first.

With Exchange 5.5 when there are messages waiting to be transferred in the MTA you can change the priority of these messages very easily.

I just need to know if this can be done in Exchange 2000?

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back