Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change mailbox display name

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpeterson

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2005
CA
I set up a user account and mailbox for a new employee without noticing I spelt her name wrong. I just noticed that in the outlook address book her name is spelt wrong, is there an easy way to change this? I am not too familiar with exchange but in postfix all I would have to do is change the alias. Any idea? Thanks

You can change this in the Exchange version of Active Directory Users and Computers. Allow at least 15 minutes before change takes effect.

Cache in outlook may need to be cleared or it will continue to display wrong.

I was told that I shouldnt change anthing under X400 in the Email Addresses tab but that is where the spelling mistake is. Is there anywhere else where I would have to change the spelling mistake?

There is AD username, first name/last name, email address and alias to check. X400 is a red heering.

Don't worry about x400, just right click on the user and rename him/her. Then manually correct the other items that do not change such as the smtp addresses.

It is the display name that you want to change. All that other stuff doesn't show up in the GAL. Only the display name. That's under the General Tab.

Steve

Steve
Systems Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back