Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Line buttons --

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesly

Technical User
Jun 19, 2012
US
Long time learner first time poster.
Had a power failure and our internal battery in our m8x24DS is bad. Had a backup on it but ran out.
My local Tech came out, real good guy, and got us back in 2 hours.
He left and I now realize I gave him an instruction (change) that people here do not like.

I asked him to only have a few strategic phones ring rather then have all phones appear and ring for at least 2 of our 6 lines. It took folks about 20 minutes to complain. I explained Call Pickup.. but..

On a 7310
I went and added this back to one of the phones via LINE ASSIGNMENT,
Show Line, Pressed SHOW, then Pressed "ADD", then added 001, 002 to the phone.
Now the:
Top left button are Line 001 - pressing that shows Line001
2nd from top left button is line 002 -0 pressing that shows Line 002
The two lines I added

Problem is these used to be programmed to dial internal VM and forward to VM for others.
And she used 2 the bottom right buttons to dial out. ("9")

Bottom right Button is HF
Button above that (2nd Lower Right) is an outside Line shows 208 208 on Feature *0
Button above that (3nd Lower Right) is Intercom "Voice Call" (we only need one Intercom line per phone. I did remove the 2nd intercom also today)

Pressing any of the 3 lower right buttons hitting "9" displays line006 and gets me outside line.

I wanted to see if I could erase the lines from the top left buttons and reprogram the internal speed dials to VM she had, without calling my tech back.

I have read here that it is hard (some say CAN'T) re-program LINE Buttons. BUt clearly we had it as such before.

I have the overlays and have enough experience to do basic tasks...
Thanks!
James

You can move those lines to any button you like by using FEATURE 85, then program buttons 1 and 2 as the voicemail features that you are describing.

Louie Roldan

Roldan-
Thanks for the reply. however I dont wan't to move them. I think the gal can use the bottom right HF and Line buttons for external access. Can I remove them? I need to gain 2 buttons which I can program over what I have now.

On an 824 if you want a line to ring on a phone in "Normal Ringing" it must also appear on a button.

You can set up a ringing service using such as night ringing to have lines ring that don't appear on sets. They will ring on Intercom buttons if the line does not appear on the set.

Why don't you use the 2 of the top 12 buttons as voice mail access and transfer. These features don't need line indicators.

Marv

Thanks Marv
I have 2 lines already available on the lower right
The phone is a 7310
before this happened the outside lines that rang would appear on the 2nd and their lower right buttons just above HF.
We have the upper buttons assigned as speed dials both internal and external.

Meant the second and "third" lower right buttons. FYI

Lines can be moved around the set using feature *81.

I suggest you get your tech back in. It'll be cheaper and faster to have him/her set up the phones the way you want.

Marv

OK. It wasn't money I just thought I could do it.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back