Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change image size by modifying resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjlu2715

Programmer
Apr 5, 2002
US
Image processing seems to be a weak spot in VB. I need to display and print an image that is too large (generated with SavePicture and printed with PaintPicture). How do I compress the size by increase resolution? Also, are there free utilities that compress the image to .tif or .jpg to reduce disk storage?

Thanks

Jason

If you use the Kodak Image Edit control, you can use the .FitTo method to fit the display into the size of the control window.

You also have .ImageResolutionX and .ImageResolutionY properties that you may find useful. When using these two properties, I've found that setting .AutoRedraw = True is useful.

I haven't experimented with it, but this control does allow you to .SaveAs a TIFF format with several different compression options.
Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

I didn't find the Kodak Imaging Tool in my component list. Is it downloadable somewhere?

I found the Kodak Image Editing in a Win98 system while mine is WinXP. Copied the .ocx file over to XP but got "not registrable" error when trying to register it. Is there an updated version for XP?

Didn't know that you were using XP. The following website addresses the issue of image edit controls with respect to XP. Read thru the installation procedures of this product, and will explain how to install the necessary DLL's and OCX's for that product (which uses these controls) on an XP machine, and provides links for downloading the DLL and OCX files if you need to.

I've not done this, so I guarantee nothing, but maybe it will work.
Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

No one seems have tested it on XP yet. I'll test it out & let you know what's going to happen. Appreciate your effort. As we all know, a tip is the start of all possibilities.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back