Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change hours of operation on PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayabrain

Technical User
Apr 8, 2008
CA
what is command to change hours of operation on Avaya PBX
(s8720,CM 4.0) so that after hours calls got to voicemail?

Thanks....

Depends on how thigs are setup. Could be coverage time of day, day/night button, vector controled. Need more information....

Thanks...

just want to change hours of operation of a contact centre
on friday from 9am to 5pm and thereafter calls go to voicemail..

Does the contact center get its calls from an ACD skill? If so it is vector controlled.

Change vector xx

1) goto step yy if time-of-day is all 17:00 to all 09:00
2) goto step yy if time-of-day is fri 17:00 to mon 09:00

yy) messaging skill xx for extension yyyyy

Thanks Wil9148,

Number: 150 Name: BS Mid Market
Multimedia? n Attendant Vectoring? n Meet-me Conf? n Lock? n
Basic? y EAS? y G3V4 Enhanced? y ANI/II-Digits? y ASAI Routing? y
Prompting? y LAI? y G3V4 Adv Route? y CINFO? y BSR? y Holidays? y
Variables? y 3.0 Enhanced? y
01 wait-time 0 secs hearing ringback
02 goto step 15 if time-of-day is all 17:30 to all 09:00
03 goto step 15 if time-of-day is fri 17:30 to mon 09:00
04 goto step 17 if holiday in table 10
05 goto step 19 if staffed-agents in skill 1003 > 0
06 goto step 19 if staffed-agents in skill 1000 < 1
07 announcement 7500011
08 queue-to skill 1000 pri m
09 announcement 7500004
10 wait-time 30 secs hearing music
11 announcement 7500005
12 goto step 19 if staffed-agents in skill 1003 > 0

is it vector controlled, what command i use to change hour of operation?

i need to know if changes to hour of operation involves vectors?

You are already setup time of day routing, it is defined in steps 2 and 3. 2 is the business schedule for all days.
3 is the weekend schedule. 4 checks the holiday table.

Bob K.

Thanks...

So to change hours of operation, we need to change vectors?

Yes, the vectors control the flow of the call.
Calls can be routed on time-of-day, agents available etc...

Just remember to change your closed announcement (Step 15?) in line with the new opening hours.

Ronster

Science is the rehab of the masses.

The holiday table should be before time of day

letman2 said:
The holiday table should be before time of day

Why? I was taught that you start from the top and work your way down (more calls will leave the vector based on time of day than based on the holiday). Inquiring minds want to know!

Susan
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." - Oscar Wilde, An Ideal husband, 1893

It is a business decision.

Do you want your callers to get a holiday announcement when the call centre would be closed anyway?
It is usually better to hear the holiday announcement rather than have the caller call back next morning to find out it is still closed:

Scenario:
Customer calls Sunday evening and gets, "sorry we are closed. Our normal hours are Mon-Fri 9am-5pm"
They call back next morning and get, "we are closed for a big party today, we do not open again until Tuesday!"

In this case it would have been better to let the customer know on Sunday night.

There may be cases when the business doesn't want the holiday announcement played during out-of-hours. I can't think of a good scenario for this though.

Ronster

Science is the rehab of the masses.

Okay, that makes sense to me. The reason I don't have it like that is because I have a set of open/closed vectors just for holidays. I work for a credit union, so 6 days prior to a holiday, my "business open" and "business closed" vectors have an extra announcement up front that state "Thank you for calling XYZ. We will be closed all day on Friday, July 4th, in observance of Independance Day.".

Thank you for clearing that up for me!

Susan
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." - Oscar Wilde, An Ideal husband, 1893

we use the same announcment for holidays and closed. When we are open we give a couple of options before going to acd.
if the holiday was after the time of day options it would route to those options between 8am and 5pm and not go to the holiday table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back