Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Hotdesk Phone to Fixed Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typeo

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2014
US
Hi all,

We just setup a new Mitel system here to replace our old Avaya system. Most of our phones are hotdesk phones so I went through and registered most of the phones as hotdesk phones. well, I ended up regersering to many and now I need to set some of the phones that are registered as hotdesk *#xxx to just a normal fixed numbered phone.

I tried to go into the controller and remove the phones MAC address from the Users and Devices configuration, but it just auto populates it back. I also tried to put the phones MAC into the fixed number but it errors out as a duplicate. I know that ### can override a MAC, but I am not trying to over ride, I am just trying to either:

1. Unregister the phone so I can re-register as a fixed extension
2. Directly change it from a hot desk phone to a fixed numbered phone

Thanks for the help!

Cant see were to edit the original post, but these specific phones are Mitel 5312 IP Phones.

You should be able to change the DN without the need to delete the extension.
Then change the type to Full not IP Device only.

FYI most effective method to remove the mac address is to change the device type - if it was a 5320 change it to a 5330 save it then change it back and save it

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back