Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change height of text box in a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomus1

Technical User
May 15, 2001
US
Is it possible to change the height of a text box in a report to match the height of a text box in another report.

I have one field that creates an address - it may be 2, 3, 4, or 5 rows high depending on the amount of data.
I have a border around this box. I have another field that has a border around it and I would like it to match the heights of the address field. Is there a way to do this without forcing it to always uses the maximum length?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

From your description of the reports in question, I assume they are using the same data, but one has a smaller field for address information. If this is the case, try setting the Can Grow property of the field to "Yes" and see if that gives the desired result.

HTH,

JW

Thankyou
Yes, you have the idea.
The address field grows as needed, but the other fields do not grow to match the length of the address field.
So the borders that I have around these fields do not line up with the address field.
This is making the report look odd, I know how to have a line change in height with code, but would prefer not to do it with a bunch of lines and was hoping there was a way to change the height of the combo box through code as well.
Again thanks - and any ideas would be appreciated

nomus1,

See if this works. In the On Format event of the section where these control are, set the Height property of the controls you want to change to the height of the address control.

Something like this:
Code:
Me.txtTextBox1.Height = Me.txtAddress.Height

Let me know if this helps....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back