Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change functional currency

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbola

Technical User
Feb 27, 2003
CA
GP says I can't do this. Can I do it anyway some other way?

Or do I need to create a new company database, since it is fairly new with very few transactions.

You could create a new company and import the transactions, customers, vendors, items, etc. in. Do you have Integration Manager registered?

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

Yes we have Integration Manager!!! :D How would I go about importing the transactions?

Do I need to do something to the transactions? I haven't used IM much, only for a few little things.

I need to do it asap. Any help is much appreciated.

thanks.

you'll need to export every transaction in a useable format for integration manager to then re-import them and post them.

I've done this once with a company that had 7 years of GP data....... my god...... it took almost 96 hours of importing and posting to get this done.

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

Yuck. We have about 25 transactions. I think we will just re-enter them. That way "I" don't have to do a thing! LOL

b.

They used to have a MCFIX tool that could change it. It was created because customers would send data files to MS or their partner for one reason or another and then get Currency codes in the table. Then when you went to set up Multicurrency it would not let you select a functional currency because some trx already had currency codes. I believe all the tool did was remove the value from all the tables. It took forever to run on the company I used it on (they had been on Dynamics since it was first released). Also, I'm not sure what this would do to you if you were already using MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back