Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change from pulsed dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

root911

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
US
I have a route that is pulse dialing and I want to change it to tone dialing. Where in LD 16 do I make it happen? I made all the RDB parameters the same as another COT route but it still uses the pulse generator. Do I need to re-boot the system?
Thanks for any help.

Yes, it was DIP, changed it to DTN, but I get fast busy when dialing out.

Go to LD 80 and do a trace on the route to see if they are busy or disabled.

Can you use your buttset to go on the cot TN and try to dial from there, you should be able to.

Yes, I can dial out with a butt set. These lines are also working as a incoming lines.

When are you getting the busy?

Just changung CLS from DIP to DTN shouldn't effect the call unless the phone lines are dial pulse and not DTFM, which I haven't seen in years.

When you used the buttset, did you use Pluse or DTMF?

The buttset is set to "T".
Changing it to DTN stopped the pulse generator from starting but I still have about 15 seconds of silence before I get a fast busy signal.
I changed the DN's to CLS=DTN in LD 14 and some other things in Ld 16 to make this route the same as another but did nothing with NCOS or TARG.

If you used the buttset on DP then your trunks from the phone compan are nor accepting Tone, if you flip to DP and you can make the call you are stuck with DIP unless you can get the phone company to change your lines to DTMF, but they may charge you more per month.

I reloaded last nights backup but still get a fast busy when I use this route.

Are we still talking about the same problem of DIP?DTMF ??

or are we on to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back