Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Find Me Follow Me CLID Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renfroe123

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2010
US
I just finished setting up a fairly simple FMFM that works with my CCR tree in Call Pilot. I am working on a BCM50 with a PRI. The way I have it set up, FMFM monitors an analog extension and then calls 3 cell phones when that extension is rung. I have my CCR tree set up so callers can select option 1-1 to be connected to an on-call employee, this will transfer them to the analog extension which will in turn ring the three cell phones until someone picks up. Everything works great, except that in order to make sure my on-call staff know that they are getting a priority call (particularly so they don't send it to voicemail) I need to have the CLID information (really just the public OLI) listed as a different number than my main office number (preferably one that doesn't change based on the caller). I have literally tried everything I can think of to make this work. The only solution that I have found where I can change the public OLI for FMFM calls is by assigning that analog extension to a target line and calling that target line directly from my desk phone. This will somehow patch through the public OLI info on my DN to the cellphones, however that is only true if I call the target line from a local DN here at the office. Also, if I use the CCR tree to call the target line and I call the CCR tree from my desk phone, it does not route my public OLI through and it still displays my main number on the cellphones. Weird...I know! Anyway I know this is a long post so thank you for reading it all! Any help is very much appreciated!!

BTW, I have also tried setting the preferences for the analog line, as well as the application DNs that are dialing out to display their number for CLID, as well as changed all of these lines' OLI information, but that doesn't work either. I have also tried this same setup using a digital extension for the FMFM feature and that doesn't work either. Thanks again!

Did you change the public OLI of the callpilot DN(s)?

I know you say you've tried all you can think of, but this is all I can think of. I've a feeling that the callpilot DN is the one that is dialing out.

Unfortunately I did and it doesn't work. FMFM dials out on 4 DNS that it registers as virtual terminals and I checked all of those and double checked through the BCM monitor just to be sure. I changed their OLI info and am still receiving the main line number when I call someone on an external line. Do you think there is some sort of setting that overrides OLI info coming from the BCM? Because if I changed all of the OLI info for any lines that handle these calls, I don't see how it even knows what the main line number is, much less why it sends that out. The weirdest thing is that I can get the OLI info from my DN through to the external number that FMFM is calling if I call a target line from my DN that rings the FMFM DN.

A few things could be the problem.

First, if you change the OLI for any particular set does the new OLI show up when you make an external call? Most places put in the listed number and just assume that it's the BCM that's sending that number when in fact it's the telco doing it. Changing the OLI is one way to test that.

I don't know who your telco is but some of them allow it to be overidden if you check off the "send name display" box in your PRI programming and send something to them. Others, you have to request it. Some others won't accept diddly from you.

Second, I hate to say it, but make sure the system is patched current. They made a lot of enhancements and fixed a buch of stuff related to FMFM in the last update.

If I change the public OLI for any DN, whatever I change it to will be the CLID info to whatever external number I call, so it is not being overridden by the telco. Your second paragraph is referring to what to do if the public OLI is being overridden by the telco, correct? As far as the software is concerned, I just checked the update history and I received the "BCM 50 R5 June system smart update" on June 12, 2010, so I assume I am up to date correct? I definately think that this issue is something going on with FMFM. I don't know much about FMFM and there is little documentation/experience with it on the BCM50 that I can find. AT&T's technicians don't know much about it at all. Thank you for your help!

Oh, and my current system software version is 9.0.1.30.572. I am not sure where to check if that is up to date or not, but I googled it and couldn't really find anything one way or another. I guess since it was patched in June that it is pretty up to date correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back