Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change filename to trasfer in a batch eWay

Status
Not open for further replies.

juankdiz

Technical User
Oct 10, 2002
US
I need to post diferents file names depending on the values of same fields in the event suscribed by the eWay.
How can I change the ftp file name from the colaboration rule?

Cheers
Juan

Hello !

You can`t change e*way settings directly from collaborations: they (collaborations) run in its own environment and e*way configuration variables just not visible from this point.
What You can do is to add into your .ssc one more node which will hold desired filename.
Then You have to change "Process Outoging Message" function of your e*Way. Change the value of global variable "PUBLISH_TO_EXTERNAL_REMOTE_FILE_NAME" like this:
(set! PUBLISH_TO_EXTERNAL_REMOTE_FILE_NAME (get ~event%Root.FileName))
May be it will be necessary also to reconnect to the system - i'm not sure about the tasks done in initialization moment.
(use (connect-to-remote) & (disconnect-from-remote) or (ftp-ext-connect) & (ftp-ext-shutdown)).

Hope this will help.

Regards
Roman

IF you are using the FTP ETD then just use the setRemoteFileName() to set file names on the remote system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back