Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change extension type 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raul102801

Technical User
Nov 11, 2002
US
I am very new to NEC and I am trying to learn how to do some basic things to better server the needs of my company.
I am trying to figure out how I can change an existing extension being used on a dterm series e to be used with an ip softphone.
Also how do I assign virtuals?
We have an NEAX 2000 IPS.
Is there a good place to look for directions on basic system admin procedures? I do have the system manuals but have not figured out how to read them yet other than a few things like programming buttons on an existing extension.

Thanks in advance.

Command 14 is used to assign physical extensions and command 11 is used to assign virtual's. Command 90 assigns them to the buttons on the phone.

Whilst it may not help with the current problem, I always recommend geting hold of the feature programming manual for those new to programming the system.

Thanks a lot Mercury and Ozzie... I do have a feature Programming manual, command/maintenance manual and installation procedure manual. I had looked at all 3 of them they are just hard to read for the average newbie. I will look at the 2 commands Mercury provided and see if I can test with a couple of non used extensions.
I'll let you know if I am successful.

Thanks again

everyone here is to kind.

If your a "newbie" then let some who can do it show you make the service call it will be worth it.

Mextera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back