Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change dropdown options on reports in CMC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

transmit

Technical User
Aug 4, 2003
US
We have Business Objects 12.0 and I have published reports that I want users to only "view latest instance" I have their group restricted to only do this, however I would like if they do not see all the other options when they right click on the report. ie: Properties, Database Configuration, Limits, etc. Is there a way to change the drop-down or a permission that only allows them to see the options they have available? We are upgrading from Crystal Enterprise and with that version When the user clicks on the report they only see "view latest instance and history"

Thanks in advance

Huh? Why on earth do you have users viewing reports with the CMC. It's a configuration/admin tool.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Is there another place that users can view the reports that is web based ? I may be using the CMS tearm to losely.

I just found the InfoView app login. This is much better. Is there a way to change the drop down on reports here so that view latest instance is the users only option ?

No, but you can change the configuration in the CMC so that View Latest Instance is the default. You can remove modify and schedule, but not the others.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back