Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change default parameters page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delphin

Programmer
Nov 27, 2001
US
The page that comes up through CE 10 when you retrieved a report with parameters needs to be "Prettied up".

I am looking for direction on how to get an ASP page to read the paramters and allow me to have the user enter these on another page or modify the current default page so it will accept something more user friendly. I thought I could find some sample at Crystal, but even their parameter pages have the defaults set.

prettied up" is a tad vague, are you looking to enhance the functionality of parameter collection, beautify the screen, or?

There are different viewers available, which one are you using?

Try the Active-X viewer.

-k

I am trying to make it not look so bland and more user friendly... Like type in a normal date, even an ASP page with a calendar which could read the parameters ask and recieve them in a more friendly fashion.

I tried one of their sample pages, but all it has is setting default parameters. This is not dynamic based on what is needed in the report and no user interface. Also when I modified it, I could pass the parameters to my report, but was not able to recieve any information.

I am trying to make it not look so bland and more user friendly... Like type in a normal date, even an ASP page with a calendar which could read the parameters ask and recieve them in a more friendly fashion.

I tried one of their sample pages, but all it has is setting default parameters. This is not dynamic based on what is needed in the report and no user interface. Also when I modified it, I could pass the parameters to my report, but was not able to recieve any information.
This is CE 10... Will the sae information as CE 8 apply?

Again, what viewer are you using?

Try using the Active X control, many dislike the default viewer.

As for dynamic parameters, CE's viewers don't do that so if you need that, either use a 3rd party product or write code.

-k

How do you ensure you are using the ACtivex viewer instead of the Default viewer?

But when the report launches, it asks for paremters in a format only god knows who invented. I guess we will have to write the code and take it from there.

The Active X control has an icon where users can click and get a calendar from which to choose the dates.

Yuo should test it a bit more and understand how if functions before making the decision as almost everyone opts for Active X.

-k

I believe the DHTML viewer has similar functionality in bringing up a calendar if you wanted to go for a zero client approach.
ShortyA

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the link to login to the ePortfolio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back