Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Default Greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guntha

MIS
Mar 8, 2001
US
Hello forgive the newbie question but can someone explain to me how to change the default greeting of our Main line on a Nortel Meridian Opt11, with Call Pilot 4.0?

I tried running application builder but apparently it is not isntalled on our CP Server. our Company was bought out and I need to change the greeting.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Your going to need to find out what the application ID is for the menu that will require getting into App Builder, you can find it on the PEPS CD

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

OK I know where to find the application name that the service DN is using for the greeting but where do I find the ID?

and what is the PEPS CD?

You Can find the App ID in the Service Directory Number list,but that will be the ID for the Menu. The problem here is that it may run through a DOW or TOD control before it hits the Greeting that you want to change, which will have another number associated with it.
The PEPS CD is your Patch CD

is this where you mean? I dont see ID.

i

That's the spot now you have the application name you will need to go to App Builder and find out what the ID. You will need to click on FILE and click on OPEN and you will find the Name that is associated with the ID. It could be the SDN or any other number, then you will need the ID of the Menu in order to record a new greeting. If your doing this through a phone you will also need the password for that ID once you get into through Voice Item Maintenance

Thank you very much for the info. Is Application Builder somethign I can buy? I keep getting an error that says Application builder is not installed on this PC (the CallPilot 4.0 Server)

Again THANK YOU!

App Builder doesn't go on the server; it would be on a CD that came with your system; your vendor should've left it. If not, they can provide you with the latest / greatest from Avaya, if you have a support contract.

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer Sr.

I would start looking through everything that's in your telephone-computer room for it. There should be more than just the PEP's CD, ther should be the OS software for the Call Pilot

OK I found AppBuilder software on a CD - yes!

Now when I open it I get a (non changeable) username of 000000 which is the Username I use to liginto the CallPilot GUI but the password I use does not work, I get "could not set COM Security Level, hr=80010119"

Any ideas?

Did you originally log in to Call Pilot with username 000000? If so, the password should be the same for App Builder.

yes i still do but when I use the passwrod that gets me into the GUI i get the above mentinoed error. I wonder, is there is an issue with appbuilder running on Windwos 7?

Nortel4Matt
I believe the info you are referring to is in
thread798-1416539

could not set COM Security Level, hr=80010119 is common if your firewall is blocking particular port. CP App Builder is ugly for just the sheer amount of ports it needs open

Check your documentation with the CD, it will tell you what ports are the problem, if any,

Trent Steenholdt

Systems Engineer
The University of Notre Dame Australia

-Great scott!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back